The Booker T. Washington Library
The Orange County Library System and the Shiloh Baptist Church celebrated the history of the former Booker T. Washington Library on December 30, 2001. A commemorative bronze plaque was unveiled at the previous site of the Library at 528 West Jackson Street. The building now houses the T. C. Collier Center, which belongs to the Church.
The Booker T. Washington Branch of the Albertson Public Library served residents of the west Orlando community. the Library was opened in June 1924 in what had been the rectory of St. John's Episcopal Church at 107 South Terry Street.
The City of Orlando constructed the new BTW Library building on West Jackson Street. It opened to the public in August 1954. The library continued to serve the community until 1984 when it was incorporated into the Washington Park Library in the Lila Mitchell Community Center on Raleigh Street.
The City of Orlando owned the building until 1994 when the Church purchased it. The Church re-named the building the T.C. Collier Center in 1995.